I'm sitting here in silence right now, thinking back on everything we've gone through, and the ultimate blessing we're faced with.
This time last year, just a few days before Thanksgiving we had failed our 4th IUI attempt. I had spent the two week wait praying that I'd be the one at the cabin unable to drink, happily taking my prenatals and progesterone shots. But it wasn't to be, we got the bad news. We drank too much. We rode the ATV's on rough trails. We tried to be positive and think that one day our time would come. Each night after climbing the stairs to my room, I cried myself to sleep.
After that we moved onto our first IVF attempt in January, rode that crazy train through to March when we ultimately suffered through a miscarriage. I wondered again, will our time ever come?
Fast forward to May, our frozen embryo transfer. "The last of our little soccer team" as I like to call them. By this time I had zero faith left in the game, just going through the motions. And yet...it worked. And here we are today, SEVEN MONTHS PREGNANT. A LITTLE GIRL. I can feel her hugging me from the inside as I write this.
I am so incredibly thankful. This year I WILL be the one at the cabin not drinking. Waddling through the woods. Not able to ride the ATV's with the group. Worried about my sugar intake and the upcoming glucose screening on Monday. Oh sweet heavens I am the most thankful person on the planet.
My heart reaches out to those reading this that are still fighting for their "one day". I know how hard it is during the holidays, it's the worst of the worst. I've been there. I am so sorry your there now. I keep you in my prayers, and I cheer for you in my heart as I see your blog posts move through the process. Listen to your feelings, give yourself the time out from festivities if you need to. Dig into a good book, good food, and do things that make you happy. Grieve if you need to grieve. Get drunk if you need to get drunk. But please don't give up. Remember all the other parts of life that you can be thankful for.
And to those that along with me that have reached the other side. Our hard work paid off. We trudged through the worst of times, and it was worth it. Cheers to the wonderment of it all.
Happy Thanksgiving from the DiMaria's!
No comments:
Post a Comment