How far along: 27 weeks. It's crazy to think how big she must be getting in there. I've definitely felt the growth spurt coming on.
Best moments lately:
- Continual movement, never a worry. So thankful
- Shopping with my girlfriends
- Writing a happy birthday post from Anita to her Daddy this morning on his Facebook page.
- Having things at work fall into place. I had the honor of calling a candidate last week with news "you got the job!" This will be the Admin who will work beside me and will eventually cover my maternity leave. I have exactly 40 days to get her trained. Yea, yikes!
- Yesterday's doc appt showed my weight gain is at 14 lbs, and they said it was "perfect". Yay! Whoever thought I'd be so happy to hear I'd perfectly gained 14 pounds. Belly is also measuring right on mark.
- I was given a bonus at work thanking me for overseeing our recent office expansion. It felt good to be recognized in front of everyone.
- This adorable little bear Auntie Jenny picked out for Anita. http://youtu.be/LHugKgBIQ1I
- The past two nights I slept through without having to use the potty, big deal!
Not so good moments lately:
-Four days after driving my car off the lot I was sideswiped on the passenger side. Halloween night. Unlicensed driver, couldn't speak english and her teenagers are telling me as I'm on the phone with police "Um, yea. our Mom needs to get to work". Erg. But as luck would have it, they stuck around and wow, she didn't have a license but she DID have liability insurance. Spent 3 hours the next day in triage making sure Anita was ok. Drove the car damaged for a week, in the shop for a week and just today picked it up. Now to deal with all the claim drama and her insurance company. It's not been a fun last two weeks.
- Failed my glucose test yesterday. Regular is anywhere up to 130, I came in slightly elevated at 139. This, my friends is not the news I wanted to hear right before Thanksgiving, the day of giving my face whatever amazing food it wanted to eat. Like pumpkin pie, apple pie, gobs of mashed potatoes, oh and yea turkey and all that. I will now forgo the lovely desserts, minimize on everything else and hope that Monday's run at the 3-hour test I pass. Feeling quite down about it all, I've been such a rockstar watching what I eat, really had no worries about failing.
- We have a tiled shower with a built in tile soap dish thingy that sort of has a handle on it. Well, after using it for years to hold on to as I shave my legs - today I busted it off the wall. Whoops! Phil just laughed and said he guessed it was the weight gain and extra STRENGTH I've been putting on. We both laughed at that one.
How's Daddy? Good for the most part, but I see a change coming on. I'm-about-to-be-a-daddy-crisis!?!Along with talking about the baby, he's starting to mention other projects and ideas that are completely out of left field. Hot tub? Tear out the coat closet and install a wood stove? Expensive parts for a tractor? I remember he did the same kind of things right before our wedding, and talked me into buying a Camaro. Lord oh Lord, grant me some patience!
Miss Anything? Nope.
Movement: Everything is great. Regular movement, getting some swooshes of the arm that we can see from the outside from time to time. Coolest part about pregnancy for sure!
Food Cravings: Not really.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Girl - Anita Grace
Emotions: My usual happy and positive self most days. But I feel some anxiety and worry starting to kick in. I just keep telling myself to breath and it'll all work out in the end.
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving of course, headed north to our neighbor's cabin for the weekend. Looking forward to cooking, lounging in PJ's, reading a good book, laughing at the drunken foolery of others, playing the wii, taking a walk in the woods. I hope it snows big giant snowflakes.
Projects/Appts in play:
- 3 hour glucose test on Monday.
- OB appointments are setup through to delivery. My sweet little one will be here before we know it!
- Baby care basics, breastfeeding, and L&D classes are scheduled
So so happy for you!!! 27 weeks!! You are almost there!!!!!
ReplyDelete