Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Glucose Tolerance Test



Yesterday was a doozy, to say the least. 

After fasting since 8 p.m. Sunday night, I arrived to the clinic at 8:15 to start the 3-hour long test with a good book in tow.  They took my baseline bloodwork, had me drink the 100g of Glucola.  No issues with the taste, thankfully.  Wait an hour, bloodwork.  Wait an hour, bloodwork.  Wait another hour, final bloodwork.  By 11:30 I'd been poked four times, and we were done.  Easy, right?  I thought so.

Fast forward to the rest of my day.  I ate a turkey sandwich as soon as I reached my car and then headed to work.  Had a slight headache and thought to myself "I didn't have my usual cup of coffee this morning".  So I did that.  By 3 pm a terrible headache, possible migraine has arrived, and its all I can do to sit in front of the monitor.  Finally by 4 I'd had enough and called it a day.  Got home twenty minutes later and did everything in my power to not vomit in the front yard for all to see.  This headache was one of the worst I've ever had, I puked twice and it wasn't until 8:30 that I felt good enough to come out of the bedroom.  Thank goodness it subsided before bedtime and I got a good night's sleep.

Needless to say, waking up this morning and being able to eat and keep down a bowl of oatmeal was like, the biggest deal ever!  Now to wait for the results and PRAY that I do not have gestational diabetes.

Has anyone else experienced this after the GTT?  Wondering if that's a bad sign...

No comments:

Post a Comment