Oh I've been trying to get a post in for so long now. Although I love my iPad, I also do not love my iPad for the fact that its a pain to type on. That leaves me to usually posting from my work PC, of which hasn't happened due to a crazy, busy schedule. So sorry! Here I sit in my office at 7 p.m. finally committing some time to my beloved blog world.
I have been keeping up with reading though. I am so happy for Lucy and her babies, who came early at 29 weeks and are hanging on strong in NICU!! It's amazing to think my little girl is older than these two and still baking away for 2-4 more weeks. And also Amanda who has reached a safe and happy stage of the game with her sweet growing "babes in toyland". And then of course Beth. Now in toddler hood with her sweet Dell and Paisley, she reminds me of all the precious moments to cherish and capture best I can once Anita gets here. It's also been quite fun to copy a few of her pretty and perfect nursery ideas, too!
Over the holidays I had a two week break from work. Our plan was to stay home, work on the nursery and have some family over for a Prime Rib dinner on Christmas Eve. The nursery plans went well, I'll be doing a post later specific to that. But Christmas...ruined. My Mother fell and broke her hip the evening before Christmas eve at her apartment. I arrived Christmas Eve morning around 11:45 a.m. to take her to my house, well instead I find that she'd been sitting in pain, unable to move, get to a phone, get water, get to the bathroom...for over 12 hours. It was the worst, she was in so much pain I couldn't even touch her foot. I called the ambulance, got her off to the ER. Stayed behind and cleaned her apartment and took care of the cat. A very tough two hours on me, a smoker's apartment and I felt so ill the whole time. And of course no pregnant woman should be dealing with a cat litter box. I digress. Surgery was that night, went well. Brought a poinsettia and some leftovers to her room Christmas evening. That was it - crummy as crummy could be. And to top it all off, Phil and I fought the whole week stressing out over it all and I came down with a 3 day cold. I'm glad baby wasn't here for it, that would have been really miserable. Next year it will be just the three of us, jammies all day, gazing at the pretty christmas tree, eating yummy mashed taters and pie, making memories as a new family of three.
Since coming back to work I've been in a mad dash to train the new hire we finally brought on board to cover my maternity leave. He's a young guy working as a temp throughout the summer until he heads off to Law School in the fall. Smart as a whip and catching on well, but my oh my are we in a panic trying to get him up to speed. You never really grasp all that you do, until you have to train someone else to do it. But deep breaths, I'll do the best I can and then its off to baby land.
I'm feeling great these days, its amazing I can still say that. We've had no issues whatsoever and for that I am so eternally grateful. Little Miss Anita should be within the next month! Our baby shower is tomorrow, I am very excited to see and celebrate this miracle with all of my loved ones. I haven't really been hormonal at all, but something tells me tomorrow the water works will be in full effect for this grateful Mommy-to-be. It's not just a regular baby shower when infertility was a part of the process. I am so much more grateful to know that those in the room were there in the darkest hours of despair, fought the fight with us, and also celebrated the happy turnaround of events that brings us to this point. Tonight I worked to frame photos of the embryo photos, ultrasound, and then a few of Phil and I that we can display tomorrow. It's little tasks like these I am so grateful to be fretting over. I cherish it all.
How far along: 36 weeks
Best moment: Monday's first internal check with the doctor. I'm 1cm dilated and she's head down. She told me the effaced number but it left my brain as soon as I heard the word "dilated"! I can't even believe it, we're here. She's on her way soon! Of course I may stay at a 1 for awhile, who knows. But its all so much more real.
Not so good moment: Money and time worries I guess, but that's to be expected. Deep breaths. Also worrying over things I cannot control, such as what family members are able to make it for a visit early on.
Mamma's Body: I'm 15 lbs up total. The Dr. (and ME!) were very happy with that. I started out a bit heavy to begin with so I'm glad this is all just baby weight. Stretch marks are on my hips and thighs from early on, but the belly still looks good, and is still an inny. Also, thankful to report I haven't experienced much back pain. Baby is dropping into place, I can feel it and see it.
My husband tells me all the time how beautiful I am, which means the world. I'm enjoying this body. And I'm going to miss it. I keep staring in the mirror thinking of how much I just want to hold my daughter like this forever. Keeping her close to my heart, keeping her safe.
Food Cravings: Nothing, nada, zilch. I wish I enjoyed food more, but it's just not at the top of my priority list. I set reminders on my phone to remind myself to snack and eat.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sick, but heartburn is here constant and true. I knew I should have kept a tally on how many bottles of tums I've consumed...just for fun.
Emotions: Level. I really haven't had any "hormonal" days or moments. Weird I know. You'd swear I'm not pregnant, but I am, I promise!
Looking forward to: Tomorrow's baby shower and celebrating with my loved ones. And then coming home and adding the finishing touches to her beautiful nursery. And then Monday, a paid day off. Thank you Mr. MLK!
Projects in play: Get the car seat installed, hospital bag packed, figure out how to film the birth with just Phil and I in the room, nursery, train the newbie. Yep, not busy at all.
I didn't have any cravings EITHER! I'm very skeptical that that's even a 'thing'. :)
ReplyDelete