Saturday, August 11, 2012

1st Trimester Wrap-Up

How far along: 13 weeks today brings me to the 2nd trimester.  yayyy!
Best moment this week:  Revealing the news to our friends and on Facebook.  The love and support we've received has been so wonderful.  Also, this babymoon I'm having with my husband.  We are caught up in a precious bubble of happiness and can't seem to stop smiling and loving up on one another.  I never want to forget these moments.
Not so good moment of week:  Realizing we have a certain family member not participating, possibly not happy about any of this.  Hurts my heart, but it is what it is. 
Miss Anything? Being able to eat as much as I'd like to.  Our anniversary dinner was a beautiful salmon steak with broccoli.  I had been looking forward to it all day, but once the moment came I took about 5 bites and was done.  Phil ate for two that night.
Movement: Nothing yet, reassurance comes in the way of tweaks and twinges.  I am also starting to feel my uterus below my belly button, very neat!  I can't wait for that baby bump!
Food Cravings: More aversions than cravings.  I've lost 8 lbs. in the first trimester, and that's even without morning sickness.  There was a day I ate a whole jar of pickles in one setting.  Yep, that happened. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Gender: We won't know for 5-7 weeks.  He's guessing girl, and I'm guessing boy.
Symptoms: A few headaches and some heartburn, but nothing I not able to trudge through.
Emotions: So very thankful that this little nugget has made it this far, and relieved we are finally out with the news and there's no more sneaking around.  I still find myself quite scared at the same time, the worry never subsides.  Always looking forward to the next appointment for some reassurance.
Looking forward to: Growing a belly and seeing that this is real.  I look in the mirror each morning and think that if I stare hard enough, it's growing.  I am using my belly band, so that has to mean there's some growth, right? 
Projects in play:  We're purposely holding off for, too early.  I even went to the mall the other night, browsed for 2 hours and didn't buy a thing.  Pretty sure I'm the only female on the planet who could manage such a thing!  I am going to at least start buying diapers here and there, many Mamma's have told me to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment