Telling Phil's parents, my Grandmother, & Batey Family:
The first ultrasound fell in perfect timing with my trip back to Ohio for my cousin's wedding. As to not trump her big day, I waited until the day after to announce. It was just the perfect moment I had hoped for and had thought about for days. We were all sitting on Aunt Karen's beautiful front porch chatting and enjoying one another's company. I came told everyone I had something for them and handed an envelope to Mom, Grandma and Aunt Karen that had the below card inside. Excitement and happiness erupted from all, tears all around and pure love and joy in celebration of our happy news. Dad couldn't stop crying and hugging me, it was so incredibly sweet. I quickly got Phil on the phone so he could hear all the ruckus and be in the moment with me.
Another perfect opportunity, my Mom's birthday. I called her and said "Happy Birthday Grandma!" She didn't hear me at first, so I repeated. Silence...and then "Really? Are you sure this time? I can't take another heartbreak, are you serious?!? Really? Please tell me your serious!" A few days later we took our ultrasound photos over to show her.
Telling close family & friends:
After our 9 week ultrasound, it brought much relief and reassurance that we can share the news with more. We spent most of the evening on the phone with Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, neighbors and a few friends. Still holding out for a few special friends we want to share with in person at a big party coming up.

No comments:
Post a Comment