Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16th - 9 Week Ultrasound

Another beautiful and amazing ultrasound session today, thank you Lord!  It's incredible to see how much this little one has grown in just two short weeks.  We now have arms and legs, and look at that big head!  Our nurse Kara said there's now less than a 5% change of miscarriage.  Whew!

Yolk sac up top, baby's head is the BIG circle at the bottom. 
Bright spot in the middle - heartbeat!

Umbilical cord.  Our precious connection, just baby and me.

Spine

Looking down on the head and hands, we were able to count fingers!

I still do not have much in the way of symptoms.  I've gotten sick a few times, appetite has decreased, and I try to take naps on the weekends.  Other than that I feel quite normal. 

As planned at this stage, we were discharged from the clinic and told to come back when once we have that baby to show off.  It's so bittersweet, on one hand so happy to finally be pregnant and no longer 'infertile', but then on the other hand sad to say goodbye to the amazing nurses and doctor we've come to rely on for so long.  I'll miss their care & concern, and I pray I find the same environment at the next clinic.  I'm now tasked with the job of finding a reliable OB.

No comments:

Post a Comment