Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's a Girl!

Yesterday's ultrasound confirmed our baby is developing well with no issues and the gender is FEMALE! 

Phil's reaction was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, he is so genuinely happy.  Ever since the 12 week scan, he's been quite certain that would be the outcome.  He was online comparing and trying to figure out if we could tell that early, to which I told him he was crazy.  But yesterday he got in his "I told ya!" and said he really thought he saw the three lines and was not surprised in the least. 

I had no thoughts as to what it may be, but I admit I could only ever envision a boy.  I've always been that way, never looking at girl stuff, always smiling at the thought of that little guy in the mud puddles, under a tractor with daddy, etc.  So now with this GIRL news, time to readjust and catch up!  I am so happy, having a little girl will be such an adventure and a blessing.  She'll still be in the dirt and tinkering around with Daddy outdoors.  But then she'll also be in the kitchen, planting flowers, shopping, with Mommy!... this will be fun!  But oh gosh, my mind is exploding with worry at the same time right out of the gate.  How will I keep her, my precious baby girl safe from all things bad in this world.  The bad guys, the mean girls, the pressure of society.  I just want her life to be full of rainbows and ponies.  Oh the struggles of parenting, here we go.  We'll do our best, we'll be there for her always, every step of the way. 

Telling everyone the gender was quite fun yesterday.  My facebook received well over 30 comments, not to mention all of those on Phil's page, Dad's and Jimmy's.  It's so wonderful to be surrounded with all this love and excitement.  I need to figure out how to print out all the posts and include them in the baby book so we can look back on it all later. 

Oh wow, now its time to get in gear and jump into the world of girls!  I'm headed to Target tonight to get my feet wet.  And of course a few online searches have me giddy already...

This tissue paper idea is a MUST!...
                      we get to pick out nursery decor!....
                                                           this is a another MUST! 
                                                                                   I could go on and on. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats lady! This is so exciting!!! Wishing you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete