Tuesday, October 2, 2012

20 weeks

How far along:  20 weeks, halfway through this journey and wishing it would slow down.  I really do LOVE being pregnant. 
Best moment this week:  Our baby is healthy, no issues were discovered at the big 20 wk scan.  And we just found out, it's a GIRL!  I'm so happy we finally know and can finally get started with preparations.  Another wonderful moment was the Girl's Night In I hosted for my friends Saturday, we had the best time. 
Not so good moment of week:  Can't think of anything...things are pretty flippin' fantastic!
Miss Anything? Clear skin, the rash on my chin is soo not pretty. 
Movement:  Just a little bit, feels like she's taking a finger and doing a scratch test from the inside.  I know it's soon to come, so I'm enjoying sleep as much as I can, while I can.
Food Cravings: Starbucks Chai Tea Latte. I am one of those Starbucks haters, I think its ridiculous spending $3-5 per cup on liquid calories.  And yet here I am, my third in one week.  This cannot go on, bad Amber!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, finally finding my appetite and eating more. 
Gender: Girl, I'm stunned!!! 
Emotions: Doing well emotionally.  Even Phil mentioned to my Dr. that I've been more calm that anything since becoming pregnant.  I couldn't think of a nicer compliment. 
Looking forward to: Wrapping my mind around a girl, gosh I've never imagined it.  Never wandered through the girly stuff, and now I feel like I have some major catching up to do.  Gosh, I don't even know how to braid hair!  Excited to get started on the nursery.  Excited that we get to go back in a month for another ultrasound.  JUST REALLY EXCITED!
Projects in play:  A lovely friend of mine helped me to overcome my fear of the maternity clothing store.  We hit up Motherhood Maternity in the mall and I actually enjoyed myself.  I now have a great starter set of clothes and feel oh-so comfortable in these mom jeans and flowy-but-fitting shirts. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your GIRL! I've been loving following along on your journey. Brings back so many emotions. :) If you need any advice on 'girly things'... well, I'm your girl. :) I always imagined myself having boys too, but girls are SO fun. You'll learn to braid.

    Enjoy every moment! It goes SO fast!

    ~Beth @ Sawdust&Embryos

    ReplyDelete