Tuesday, September 4, 2012

No news is good news

Hello friends!  I feel like I've dropped off quite drastically in posting, but its only because there's no much to report.  Other than the occasional headache and/or heartburn, I feel completely normal.  I'm now 4 months along.  Sure wish this baby would pop out and show me its really there from the outside, so very excited to start showing.  I have yet to gain any weight.  My appetite is still on the downslope, poor Phil rarely gets a home cooked meal anymore.  Last night I forced myself to eat a baked potato, I feel so bad for saying it but I don't even know what he had.  He's understanding though, hard to shop and cook at night when you just do NOT have an appetite.

Coming up is our 18 week appt on September 17th, and the 20 week appt near Oct 1st.  We are becoming quite antsy to find out the gender.  Excited to get on with planning and buying some baby stuff.  Phil refers to "Anita" pretty much every day, thinking mostly that its a girl.  I'm not leaning one way or the other, but I can be honest and say I've never imagined myself being the parent of a girl, the idea would take some getting used to.  I've never gravitated towards any of the girl stuff, but I go gaga for Carhart and little Ralph Lauren outfits in the boys section.  Either way, it will be wonderful and amazing.  Ohhh this month needs to fly by.

We finally got out of town for Labor Day weekend, away from Boise and all the smoke that's been clogging the valley.  We chose Mountain View Resevoir and had the back side all to ourselves.  I literally did not see another human being for four whole days - now that's MY kind of camping!  Read a novel, played fetch with our water-lovin' lab, and took lots of naps.  We listened to the Boise St. game via radio Friday night. Phil was out on the boat most of the time fishing or out exploring on the ATV.  The coyotes sang us to sleep every night with this year's blue moon.  Ahh, a wonderful weekend indeed!  Next excursion, I reserved us a night here in October.  Cannot wait to wake up on that pretty mountain top!

No comments:

Post a Comment