Thursday, February 9, 2012

Transfer Day

Sorry this post is so late, I've been sick these past four days am just now catching up.

So to recap, on Sunday we did the transfer.  My nurse met us in the waiting room and gave me some valium to relax my uterus.  We were then taken back to our room where Dr. Slater updated us on how the embryos held up in the lab, letting us know that of the 7 fertilized, 4 had made it to the day of transfer.  Exactly what Phil and I were hoping for, two to transfer and two to freeze as backup.  She said they were all perfect quality blastocysts, and then proceeded to present the photo we knew was coming...the two we would be transferring into my uterus.  Everything in the room stopped, I was stunned.  To see these two LIVING embryos that could one day be our first born children, there are no words.  I am still in such awe, I can't even describe it.  Shortly after they left the room to let me get undressed, I sat down and just cried my heart out.  I'm sure the valium had something to do with it.  Phil didn't know what to do with me.  Here they are...


My Maybe Babies, 5 days old.

Dr. Slater and the nurse came back in and got ready for the procedure.  It took her all of 3 minutes to do the rest, we watched it all unfold on ultrasound.  You could see as she inserted the catheter that held the embryos snake its way up to my uterus.  And then two white dots appeared, which were the two little bursts of air near where she deposited the embryos. Incredible experience to go through, so surreal! 

After that, they had me relax for about 30 minutes before we could leave.  Phil was so careful with me, not even letting me carry my purse.  He was so sweet.  We stopped at Westside Drive Inn on the way home to treat ourselves to chocolate malts.  Phil got me home and tucked into bed.  I slept through half of the super bowl.  The next morning I woke up knowing the cold I had been fighting was there with full force.  I spent both Monday and Tuesday laying there coughing and sniffling, watching movies and tv shows on my laptop.  

I pray to God about every five minutes "Please, please Lord let this be it". 
We go in for results next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment