How was your Thanksgiving? Did you find tons and tons of things to be thankful for? I sure did. Most especially my awesome neighbors who whisked us out of town to their cabin in Donnelly where we had a fantastic 4-day weekend. Rode the ATV's in the snow, Phil and I dumped ours to the side - hysterical event I shall never forget. Dinner was amazing, Di handled the main course and I took care of the appetizers. And of course my always favorite little man showed up, Timothy! I got to snuggle and play with that 3 yr old for two whole days. There was also poker, a few chick flicks, and a two day hunting adventure for Phil and Tim. They came back with nothing but a good time.
OK back to business. I think its safe to say my head is spinning at this point. Let's see, where did we leave off? I had a chemical pregnancy. We went in for an ultrasound afterwards, and thankfully everything looked good...well if you can call "I'm pregnant, oh wait no I'm not" a good thing. But you know me, I choose (or at least try really damn hard) to look at the glass half full. So here's my glass half full. I technically miscarried, but in the earliest stage that doesn't require that terrible pill or a D&C. My cycle afterwards turned up 3 days late, but otherwise normal. And the really interesting part, a study I ran across, and my Dr. confirmed is that your body is very primed and ready for pregnancy immediately following an event like this. So with that said, we are now into our 4th try. Inseminated on Tuesday, same great numbers on follicles and swimmers. Back in a few weeks for another blood draw.
And now for my glass half empty...it'll probably be a big fat negative. Why am I saying this? Because I refuse to throw myself into a crazy way of heartache right before Christmas. Phil has already referred to it as our maybe-Christmas-baby. Ugh...exactly the reason I didn't want a cycle in December. I should probably sit down and write a letter to Santa.
No comments:
Post a Comment