Sunday, November 20, 2011

Results of 2nd Beta, and the outcome

On Thursday's follow-up beta, we only rose from 19 to 21.9….that’s it.   We needed the number to double or triple in order to consider it viable.  I was told once again this wouldn't work out, and to stop taking progesterone that night.  The technical term for what we're dealing with is a chemical pregnancy.  A part of us has still been hanging onto the tiniest sliver of hope that this next Tuesday maybe we'd see a surprise increase.  However, today I think its confirmed that that will not be the case.  AF arrived this morning, and based on my mood the last few days I suspected it was on the way. 

I'm heartbroken it didn't work out, but at the same time relieved we do not have to deal with a full blown miscarriage situation.  I let myself grieve and breakdown last night, and today I'm just dealing. 

Not sure where the IF road leads from here, we visit with Dr. Slater on December 1st to discuss the situation.  In the meantime we plan to enjoy a relaxing and fun Thanksgiving with our neighbors at their cabin.  There is still so much to be thankful for.  Wishing you all a lovely holiday with your families. 


No comments:

Post a Comment