Just a few more weeks to go and she'll be here! We are so excited, so ready to meet her, see what she looks like, and how she feels in our arms. SO. READY. :) The shower was more than I could have ever asked for, a day I'll never forget. And since then we've mostly finished the nursery, and have started to pack our hospital bags and what-not.
How far along: 38 weeks
Best moment: My shower of course! But then other little moments, like doing her first load of laundry and seeing the lint trap come out pure pink. Folding her little outfits brought tears to my eyes.
Not so good moment: Trying to convince Phil to get the carseat installed, like, NOW. He seems to think its not that big of a deal and we can just do it at the hospital. Of course, I 100% disagree with that.
Mamma's Body: I'm 18 lbs up today. Our check this morning came back with me 1.5 dilated, and 50% effaced. In the past week my back and hips have started to ache. I find myself reaching for the tylenol but then pulling back and trying to tough it out. Turning side to side in bed is not as easy anymore either.
How's Daddy: He's great. After the shower he unpacked the stroller, and I've caught him a few times walking around the house pushing it here and there. I giggled and asked what he was doing, and he replied "Just practicing". He's so ready for her to be here. With being laid off from work, he's been bored. So its not uncommon to come home to find him in the garage tinkering with some random piece of equipment. This week it was a little motorcycle, got it up and running and plans to list it for sale soon. And of course he's been great at keeping up the house, cleaning, cooking, and all that jazz.
Food Cravings: Appetite this week has been great, nice to finally enjoy food for once. Yesterday alone was Mongolian BBQ for lunch, chocolate cake as an afternoon snack, a delicious petite sirloin and potatoes. And can't stop there, ice cream for dessert. Now ask me if I feel bad - NOPE! This is me making up for missing out on Thanksgiving (due to glucose testing) and Christmas (family chaos and a head cold). Super Bowl is coming up and although we're not planning to go anywhere, I plan to have my kitchen table stocked with a few of my favorite appetizers. Mmmm yes.
Emotions: Happy. Rested. Calm. Ready.
Looking forward to: Getting through the last days of work and finally sitting back to relax. My plan is to still work as long as I can, but then again that last week I may just work from home and keep my feet up comfy on the couch resting while I can.
Projects in play: Carseat. Hospital bags need packed, I still can't make out what to pack for my clothes and hers. Also hoping to get to the hospital prior to the big day and plan the setup for us filming the birth on our own. I think I'll set it up on a tripod over my shoulder so its not in the way, taking away from Daddy's focus, and most importantly not catching too much of the action. I'm sorry but eww, gross, I don't need all that on video.
Would love some feedback on video ideas, packing the hospital bag, and carseat install.
No comments:
Post a Comment