Monday, January 2, 2012

IVF Setup

Happy New Year!  I hope this year brings the ultimate blessing our way, a baby or two.  And for my IF friends reading this, I hope the same for you as well!
We went in this morning to visit with our IVF Coodinator and got the plan of care outlined.  We're on what's called a Microdose Lupron protocol, and from what I understand is quite aggressive.  The schedule will keep us VERY busy throughout this month, and it looks like we'll do the retrieval/transfer of embryos in the very beginning of February.  The bad news from today's appointment is that I have two large cysts on the right side.  Which is very odd being that I'm on birth control, and that's specifically meant to prevent cysts.  We go back on the 16th for an ultrasound and hopefully they're gone and out of the way.  Otherwise, it could cancel everything.

For this new process,  I count at least 40 injections, about 3 per day.  There will also be z-packs, anti-inflamitories, birth control pills, and prenatel vitamins.  Ultrasounds, blood draws, and then of course the big time stuff - Egg retrieval and transfer.  After the embryos are transferred back into me, it's "couch princess" for 2-3 days.

Crazy days ahead of us, but I know as a team we can do it.  I'm excited to get started, I'm off to the store this afternoon to stock up on a healthy menu and a bunch of prescriptions.  Back to the gym as well this month, up until I am ordered to stop working out on the 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment