Monday, January 16, 2012

IVF begins

After a long and stressful two weeks of wondering if we're really in this cycle, we finally got our answer today.  Went in for an ultrasound and bloodwork this morning, and thankfully my estrogen levels checked out and we're on schedule!  I am so relieved, and READY! 

It's been a long weekend, and not fun to say the least. I had someone comment to me Thursday night that I need to hold off to do this, that I'm not healthy enough, and to give my body a break.  If only people knew how powerful their words can be.  It completely drained me, and to be honest I'm still trying to get it out of my head.  Usually the insensitive comments roll right off and I chalk it up to someone probably not realizing that what they say might be hurtful.  But this wasn't the case, this ridiculous tirade went on for 10 minutes and he just wouldn't drop it.  I think the worst of it was hearing it so close to today's appointment, of which I was already incredibly nervous.  Oh well...nothing I can do about it.  What's said is said, and I'll just remember to watch what I say around that person moving forward. 

I take my last birth control pill today, and injections start on Thursday.  We'll do two injections in the morning, and two at night for about two weeks.  Along with those, I'll be taking prenatals and baby aspirin each day. 

I'm also happy to pat myself on the back for eating very healthy and getting back to the gym 3-4 times a week.  It feels good.  I can only go until the 25th, which is when they tell me to stop all exercise and sex.  But I'm sure by that time I won't be feeling very comfortable anyway.

I want to stop and say thanks to a few special ladies (you know who you are) who have kept me in their thoughts.  It seems at just the very moment I need a friend my phone rings or beeps with a text message sending heartfelt thoughts my way.  They always bring a tear to my eye.  Thank you for having my back in this.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment