Monday, September 26, 2011

IUI #2 has begun

That was fast, we're back at it already.  My cycle started on Saturday and we're now on to our 2nd IUI process.  We went in for our baseline ultrasound this morning.  The Dr. checked for any cysts from the last round, there were none thankfully (I was worried being that I'd never been on Clomid before).  My resting follicles look good, sized around 10, she said the goal was anything under 12 and we're on track for moving forward. 

I started Clomid yesterday and take it through Thursday.  I don't recall any hot flashes last time, but today has been a crazy fluctuation of moving from freezing to breaking out in a sweat.  Thankfully I brought a sweater to work today and have some sonic ice to munch on.  Friday and Sunday will be Bravelle, to which Phil has stepped up and said he'd take the injection class and help me.  I'm so thankful, I just can't bring myself to put that needle in my skin, its hard to even think about.

Emotionally I'm trying to hang in here, but its been hard since getting the first negative.  I think the stress is getting to me more than I really want to admit.  I have close to zero patience with Phil these days, every little thing seems to offend me.  He's been snapping back just as much.  I hope we get out of this funk soon, I want to be positive and upbeat and tell myself this is going to happen.  But in all honesty, I'm scared and cautious about this not working out.  What if we go through 2, 3, 4 IUI's and still no positive?  What if we move to IVF and still no positive?  How are we going to pay for all of this if the road does wind down that long?  The first round alone came out to ~$1000, our insurance could be gone in a flash.  I guess this is all normal thought for those going through this fertility game...we just need to keep moving on.  Its time for a good cry, that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you baby, best time is anytime for one. I still get teary mine with mom, I even just shed a tear right there.. I am praying and hoping and most of all, loving you all the way! all the best hugs and kisses my love. I always told you that god had special plans for you, but the way....
    It's a boy. love you baby girl....

    ReplyDelete